Friday, January 26, 2007

Persona

If I were to be an actor, I forget what the term we used in class was it was some russian or polish name regarding to a school of acting, but I would want to be that. It was the style where you completely become the character. I'd think that after a while I would become so familiar with the way the character acts that I would also know how others react to the character and how to make the character obtain the appropriate reactions. During junior high and earlier in high school I would have fun by just acting like a totally different character and playing it out until my friends would get really annoyed. I thought it was real cool though and I'd change my voice and everything. Sometimes I would even unintenionally start talking like the character because I'd pretended to be that for so long. For the most part people would get a kick out of it until I just drove it into the ground. This was around the same stage when doing prank phone calls was the rage and I was always the best at that. I'd call people in one of those goofy voices and play out an outrageous story until the person would hang up or the voicemail time would run out. I remember one of my best ones was when I would pretend to be a young refugee from Chechnya and I would call this same guy that had the old Papa John's pizza phone number and I'd act like I was leaving a message for my Grandmother and that I had no idea it was the wrong number. Yea, I was pretty lame. So I guess thats one of my experiences with a persona.

No comments: